Open position (PhD or postdoc)
The research group by Holger Dell at
Goethe University Frankfurt is inviting applications for one PhD or
Postdoc position, starting at the earliest possible date. Potential
topics include the algorithmic theory of network science, algebraic
graph algorithms, fine-grained and parameterized complexity, “classical”
complexity theory, as well as adjacent areas.
- Identify and work on the most important research problems in
theoretical computer science, and publish in top-class conferences.
- Support undergraduate and graduate teaching activities.
- Supervise undergraduate students.
- Pursue further scientific qualification (e.g., doctorate).
- Active support for individual research questions.
- Guidance and a rich network of collaboration partners.
- Possibility to attend workshops, conferences, and summer schools.
- A vibrant city.
- A finished or almost finished Master’s degree (or equivalent) with
very good grades in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or
similar. For postdoc candidates, a PhD is required.
- Curiosity and strong interest in rigorous fundamental research in a
- Robust knowledge in discrete mathematics or theoretical computer
- Good command of English in both speaking and writing. Moreover, since
almost all of the teaching is done in German language, non-German
speakers can improve their chances by giving sound evidence that they
are able to navigate the language barrier and learn German within a
short time frame.
The Goethe University Frankfurt promotes gender equality at work, which is
why women are particularly invited to apply.
Please compile your application (including a short research statement,
CV, transcripts of grades, name and contact details of one or two
references) to a single pdf file and e-mail it to the secretary
C. Gressler (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have a thesis or
thesis draft, please include that as well. Feel free to contact Holger
Dell (email@example.com) in case you have any questions.
Candidates will be considered until the position is filled.